-1 TRIBALÍ Foods™ Mediterranean Style Beef Patty-1 unripe plantain, peeled and halved crosswise-1/4 cup Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil-1/2 tsp. garlic powder-1/2 tsp. salt-1 slice of tomato-1 sliced onion-2 lettuce leaves
For the sauce:-3 tbsps. Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil Mayo-1 1/2 tbsp. Primal Kitchen® Ketchup-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add plantain halves and fry in avocado oil, turning once, until light brown,about 3 minutes.
3. Transfer to a cutting board and split each plantain in half lengthwise,keeping them hinged on the inward, curved side.
4. Place on cutting board; cut side down and using a plate, flatten each intoa 1/4” thick, semi-round disk.
5. One at a time, return each plantain disk to the oil and fry, turning once,until crip and golden brown, about 4 minutes.
6. Using tongs, transfer to paper towls to drain.
7. Preheat a heavy skillet. Place frozen patty in skillet and turn burner tomedium-low heat. Season with salt and garlic powder. Pan fry 5-6 minutesper side.
8. In a small bowl, mix Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil Mayo, Primal Kitchen®ketchup and garlic powder until well combined.
9. Assemble plantain burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo-ketchup andbeef patty. Feel free to also add avocado or even an egg. Enjoy!